Clients like Casper, Genius, Lending Tree, World Market and Policy Genius are turning to Corey Eulas for SEO. In this interview – find out what is moving the SEO needle for these brands, how Corey lands these clients and the critical importance of testing in SEO.
This episode is for all the hardcore SEO fans (and future hardcore SEO fans) – as we talk shop about log file analysis, crawling big sites, dashboards – and why you can’t trust what Google says at face value.
(Note: not sure what happened, but I completely skipped saying ‘episode 69’ when pre-recording this. You didn’t miss episode 69, it doesn’t exist!)
This is the FIRST episode with sponsors! Woohoo! That means we can continue to bring you this show – and only keep making it better and better.
In fact, Corey and I had started recording this interview weeks earlier, and after 20 minutes in I stopped it because the Skype connection wasn’t good enough. In the past, I may have powered through, but with sponsors, I just couldn’t. It helps make this show more ‘official’ and it will just keep getting better.
HUGE thanks to:
BuzzSumo – One of my favorite tools for coming up with content ideas, finding people who share content in an industry, and tons more (like alerts to keep an eye on your competitor’s links). Also, check out their new Q&A tool Bloomberry. Listen to the show for a special code to get 30% off BuzzSumo for 3 months.
- Factorial Digital (Corey’s new SEO Agency)
- Lending Tree
- “Google Destroys Rap Genius Search Rankings” – TechCrunch (2013)
- Rap Genius Discussion on Hacker News (2013)
- SEMRush (15 Day free trial!)
- Klipfolio Dashboards
- Stat SERP Tracking
- Rand’s SEO Dashboard – Whiteboard Friday
- Screaming Frog Log File Analyzer
- The Ultimate Guide To Log File Analysis
- Ep 065 – Vanessa Fox On ‘Crawl Budget’
- Corey’s Post On Moz – Twitter Tools
- Sitebulb (New SEO crawler tool coming soon)
- URI Profiler
- Greenlane’s Indexation Checker
- Bloomberry – Q&A Tool
- Rob Bucci Explains Featured Snippets
- Siege Media
- Policy Genius
- Are cat claws safe? – Policy Genius
- Uber’s Insurance Secret – Policy Genius
- Article on Faceted Navigation & SEO for Large Sites
- Wallaroo Media
- Ep 05 – Local SEO w/Phil Rozek
- How to build a large audience from scratch – Tim Ferriss
- Corey On the SEO Lunch series with Mike King in 2013
- What do you consider your core skill sets?
- Why did you go off and start your own agency?
- Twitter – “We do marketing but mostly SEO”?
- What makes someone an “SEO Type”?
- Who else is with you in the company?
- How did you land such great name clients?
- What is your proposal process?
- The importance of experiments & dashboards
- Log file analysis
- Internal forums for the long tail
- The NYC startup scene
- Moving the needle
- Skills Corey looks for when hiring
Turing Away SEO Work
Following The SEO News & Trends
Quiet on Social Media?
Were you a magician?