The amount of featured snippets showing in Google is growing. As of July 2016, 15% of desktop and 17% of mobile searches returned a featured snippet. They are even showing up for high CPC and conversion oriented searches – including finance, education and eCommerce.
In short – featured snippets are a way to jump right up to ‘position #1’ in Google.
Today my guest is Rob Bucci – founder of STAT – an enterprise SERP analytics tool. He recently spoke at MozCon, and STAT did a massive study of featured snippets.
In this interview with Rob you will learn – some of the top words that commonly trigger featured snippets, a (white hat) featured snippet loophole (that might not be available forever) – and how to get featured snippets for your site.
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes!
- STAT’s Massive Featured Snippet Study
- Google Home Responding with Featured Snippets
- Robert Shure Sculpture
- Rob’s Slides From MozCon
- How to Get More Featured Snippets
- Keyword Explorer
- Answer the Public
- Natural Language Toolkit
- 3 Ways to Find Answer Box Opportunities
- The Best Words and Themes to Generate Featured Snippets
- The Skinny on Enterprise SEO
- The MozCon Coloring Wall
- The value of tracking 10,000 keywords
- “We built STAT for the experts.”
- Why care?
- Better conversion rates when traffic comes from snippets
- Kinds of snippets
- “We queried 1 million SERPs…15% of those had snippets…63% of those were paragraph snippets.”
- Can any brand/industry get a snippet?
- “Google is rolling out snippet opportunities for all.”
How to Get Featured Snippets
- “I don’t have a silver bullet for you.”
- Topical authority (topic relevance)
- Content engagement (pogo sticking)
- “Wikipedia is an outlier.”
- “Take notice of ‘what’ and ‘how’ queries.”
- “Snippets are popular in finance, computation, medical ….”
- “Don’t go after image snippets.”
- Table tags
- Bullet results
- Snippets and international markets
When to Use Enterprise SEO
The MozCon Coloring Wall