I feel like today’s show is going to give the listeners of ‘Experts’ a special edge over everyone else on LinkedIn. That’s because my guest today, Viveka von Rosen focuses 100% of her time and energy only on LinkedIn. She even ranks #1 in Google for “LinkedIn Expert” (try it!).
Today, Viveka will teach us why it’s important to be on LinkedIn (and how a poor profile can actually harm you or your business). She gives a full, spontaneous critique of my profile (with actionable takeaways for everyone). And I have not edited it yet so you can see exactly what she is critiquing (but check soon! I will get to updating it!)
She teaches us some secrets to getting the very coveted testimonials – and tons more!
NEW: you can now ask me a question by leaving me a voice message here – and I will answer on an upcoming show!
Listen to this week’s episode now:
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes
- I’m On Linked In – Now What
- Dan on LinkedIn
- Viveka’s LinkedIn Account
- Viveka on Twitter
- LinkedIn Header Template (please email me – email@example.com – normally a paid tool, Viveka offered this for free to Experts listeners!)
- Linked Into Business
- LinkedIn Sharing Bookmarklet
- LinkedIn Experts Google Plus Community
- Request Recommendations on LinkedIn
Why is LinkedIn Important?
Free vs Premium Account
Setting up Profile
- Personalize the URL
- Have a good picture (that resembles you)
- Add a background image
- Put your business phone number above the fold
- Put your email address above the fold
- Add a landing page, unique URL, website, etc
- Add media links (videos, powerpoint presos, podcasts, slideshare preso)
- “Know your audience.”
- Use Advanced Search option
- Find trends via people who view your profile
“You’re never going to conduct a business deal (just) on LinkedIn.”
- “It’s always better when someone says you’re awesome rather than you saying so.”
- Try to get (at least) two endorsements per skill
- Ask for a recommendation (give the person talking points)