Learn how BuzzSumo used data-backed influencer marketing and content to become a $5mil SaaS company, with less than 10 employees. And why Steve believes the future of content marketing is more content.
And yes – BuzzSumo has also been our sponsor for a few episodes – but this episode is about BuzzSumo the company and focuses on their growth story as well as content marketing insights you can apply to your marketing. It happened organically outside of the sponsorship!
Never miss a new show! Subscribe on iTunes.
BuzzSumo – One of my favorite tools for coming up with content ideas, finding people who share content in an industry, and tons more (like alerts to keep an eye on your competitor’s links). Also, check out their new Q&A tool Bloomberry. Listen to the show for a special code to get 30% off BuzzSumo for 3 months.
Related Episodes You Might Like
- 028: Drift’s 138x Blog Growth
- 063: Venngage’s Explosive SEO Growth
- 060: College Raptor’s Zero to 100,000 Vistors in One Year
Articles & Online Resources
- BuzzSumo: Proud To Be A Donkey
- BuzzSumo: $2.5mil In First Year
- The Magical Content That Gets Links & Shares
- The Future Is More Content
- Why Content Goes Viral on OkDork
- Analyzing 1 Billion Facebook Posts
- Shares vs Links In Content
- Screencast: FAST Topic & Keyword Research
People & Companies
- Steve on Twitter
- Steve on LinkedIn
- Henley Wing on Twitter
- James Blackwell on Twitter
- BuzzSumo on LinkedIn
- Rand Fishkin
Show Agenda & Timestamps
- Steve’s Background [01:56]
- The Origins of BuzzSumo [4:00]
- Donkey’s vs Unicorns [13:34]
- BuzzSumo’s Growth [22:00]
- Content Marketing [48:57]
- The Future of BuzzSumo [1:08:55]