For “consultations” the deliverable is time resulting in advise & support by phone, in person or via email. In some cases you may not need written deliverables – you just need to talk to an expert SEO for an hour or two, or have dedicated access for email support.
NOTE: Hourly consultation for less than 5 hours is temporarily on hold. We are looking to expand with some extra help, and until that time I will not have the bandwidth to consult for less than a 5 hour commitment. Thanks for understanding!
Some scenarios that are perfect for SEO consultation are
- You’re designing a new site and just need to get answers to important SEO aspects
- You need some verbal advise for how to improve traffic to your site
- You need some help strategizing and brainstorming content
- Maybe you already work with an SEO but need a second opinion
- For “ad hoc” consultation (we are not setting up a retainer, it’s a one-off request for just a few hours) cost is $200/hr. NOTE: per above, hourly consultations for less than 5 hours are temporarily unavailable until we bring on some extra help. Thanks for understanding!
How To Book Consulting Time
- Email me at dan at evolvingseo dot com
- Expect to book a day/time about a week or two in advance (I’ll write back to you with availability).
- Payment is due before the call – I’ll send a Harvest invoice with a PayPal link.
- It’s usually best to grant me access to your Analytics and Webmaster Tools accounts.
What You Can Expect To Get
- I’ll spend a few minutes before our scheduled time reviewing your site.
- If via phone, we can use a normal phone, or Skype.
- I am happy to share my screen so you can watch along.
- I am happy to let you record our call.
- I’ll normally share my rough notes with you from our call. I’ll include links and references to resources that you may find useful for your specific situation.
- Occasionally I’ll share proprietary internal docs that I use to do client work.
Woah, You’re Expensive!
Not so fast there bub. Check out this survey of over 600+ SEO agencies across the world. We’re right in line with the average!
With SEO it’s all about ROI (as well as three letter acronyms apparently). Before you hire any SEO consultant I do recommend that you are as prepared as possible with specific questions or challenges. But the potential for return on investment is very good if you come prepared and execute on recommendations!
Keepin’ Up With The Algos
Did you know Google is tweaking it’s algorithm hundreds of times a year? Major algo updates take place dozens of times a year. Not to mention all the new tools, changes in existing tools, experimenting etc.
What’s the point, Dan? Well – we spend lots of “off the clock” hours keeping up to date with all the changes going on. That’s the only way to do SEO effectively!