I’ve been wanting to do a show on mobile SEO for a while. Then one day, I was scanning Twitter and saw these tweets coming from a MozCon Local event:
— Kate Morris (@katemorris) February 28, 2017
— Dan Leibson (@DanLeibson) February 28, 2017
— Greg Gifford (@GregGifford) February 28, 2017
Those tweets speak for themselves – catch up on everything in the world of Mobile SEO with this fun conversation between myself and Ashley.
‘Experts’ has been on the air for 14 months. We’ve published over 60 episodes. Many shows have had over 2,000 listeners, some topping 3,000 now (that’s bigger than audiences at most conferences), and in May alone we had 14,754 downloads.
But I NEVER sought out sponsors, I wanted that to happen organically. And it did… so HUGE thanks to:
BuzzSumo – One of my favorite tools for coming up with content ideas, finding people who share content in an industry, and tons more (like alerts to keep an eye on your competitor’s links). Also, check out their new Q&A tool Bloomberry. Listen to the show for a special code to get 30% off BuzzSumo for 3 months.
- MozCon Local
- Google Mobile-Friendly Tool
- Mobile Search Simulator
- Google Mobile SEO Guidelines
- Common Mobile Mistakes – Google Dev Help
- Slides: Understanding Mobile First Indexing
- Google’s Mobile Pop-Up Penalty
- Google’s original mobile-first index announcement
- Mike King on DOM (Document Object Model) – Episode 59
- W3C Validator
- Apple Maps Connect
- TSL vs SSL Security
- Ryan’s questions on Twitter
- Google’s John Mueller on AMP – Episode 33
- Progressive Web Apps
- Google I/O Conference
- Episode of Webmaster Hangouts w/John Mueller
- Ashley’s Top Contributor Profile
- Going from art history to SEO
- Working at Cisco
Mobile Friendly Sites
- What is “mobile friendly”?
- Keyword research for mobile
- What is the “mobile first index”?
- The pop-up penalty
- Interstitial penalty
Mobile & Local
- How local sites can be mobile friendly
- Apple Maps
HTTPS & Security
- HTTPS and rankings
- Do “real” people really care about secure sites?
- Voice search and security risks
- How to be successful with voice search
- What is AMP?
- When to use AMP
- Is AMP actually mobile friendly?
- Accessibility & Inclusivity for Mobile Apps
- Progressive web apps
Being a Google “Top Contributor”
- How do you become one?
- Do you get algorithm secrets?
- Common questions and misunderstandings you hear in the forums?