I honestly have no better way to set up this conversation with Wil than to tease you with some quotes:
- “Clients will judge you on what you do the weakest not the strongest.”
- “Great SEO is caring about people over penguin and audiences over algorithms.”
- “The SEO industry has set up clients to ask for the wrong thing. Rankings are a leading indicator, but I’m here to drive revenue.”
- “SEO’s should sit with PPC people. There were 13 dollars signs in the PPC report, compared to 2 dollar signs in the SEO report. This is why SEO’s don’t get any money.”
- “When’s the last time you did something new for the first time?”
This will certainly be a discussion I go back and listen to over and over again.
And don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes!
- Wil’s YouTube videos (sorted from oldest to newest)
- Wil Reynolds on the Past, Pain, and Philadelphia
- The 4 Disciplines of Execution
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- How to Become a Better Speaker
- Intentional Efforts to Increase Diversity
- Avoiding Titles Hindered More Than Helped
- AirBNB’s Diversity Worries
- Covenant House
Update on Seer Interactive
- Kinds of clients
- “I want to help people find stuff that are using the Internet to find it.”
- “Clients are going to judge you on the things you do the weakest.”
SEO Agencies in 2016
- What are agencies offering in 2016?
- “A good consultant knows what they don’t know.”
- “You gotta find a way to stand out.”
What’s Correct SEO?
- “Talks more about people than positions.”
- “Great SEO is multidisciplinary.”
- “When I give a PPC team $5, they’re coming back with $10.”
- Path of less resistance
Repeatable vs New Tactics
- “It’s not exciting for a company to do the same thing it did last year.”
- Diminishing returns
- Is strategy teachable?
- “If you stay focused on revenue, that focus will tell you where to go.”
- “I’m learning to say ‘yes,’ but not now.”
- What’s the one thing I want to get done today to feel successful?
- Speak to kids
- Don’t read from your slides
- Watch your videos to critique yourself
- “Sometimes you have to intentionally be diverse.”
- “I’m constantly walking in other peoples’ shoes.”
- “Diversity invites ways to tackle problems.”
- “I built my company because I wasn’t able to volunteer when I wanted.”