Does humor sell? Well sure, think back so campaigns like the classic VW ads to Dollar Shave Club. Humor definitely works when done right. In this episode Amy Harrison will teach you how to incorporate more humor into your marketing. She’ll also give you ways to improve your copywriting – with techniques such as using contrast, and watching out for umbrella terms.
This episode is definitely for anyone looking to make their marketing material more compelling.
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes!
- https://youtu.be/zmq_sYXu64w (Jeff Goldblum lighting commercial)
- The ‘Sesame Street’ of Content Marketing
- Tips to establish contrast
- Comparative value
- “People will invest in change”
- “But what do you do?”
- Qualify your slogan/marketing language
Advice to Marketers
- Show examples
- Experiment with the medium and message
- Get to know your audience
Humor in Content
- Don’t force it – find your style of humor
- Benefits of humor
- “You don’t want to undermine what YOU do”
- Drawing parallels
- Splicing two words
Venturing Outside Your Industry
- Does it overlap with your target market?
- Guest posting
Measuring Success of Content Marketing
- Gauge via number of email subscribers