You may have a blog at your company or on your own, but struggle to find resources to post more often at a high quality. And you ALSO may want to build more of a community around your brand. USG (User Generated Content) might be the solution you’ve been looking for.
Ronell Smith tells us why he thinks this is a strategy ALL companies can leverage. And he walks us through the exact steps Moz uses to run YouMoz, their successful user generated content blog. By the end of this episode you’ll know the benefits, possible pitfalls, and process behind running your own user generated content initiative.
Also – find out what StarBucks REALLY sells (not coffee).
In addition to being the Chief Content Champion for YouMoz, Ronell is also a brand ambassador for Moz Content and Moz Local and an independent consultant helping companies with their content strategies.
- Product strategy for outdoor brands
- Content/business strategist
- Moz associate
- Choose a format (format, audio, video) that shows your strengths
- Establish content standards
- Show don’t tell
- Train/coach users
- “I don’t know”
- What StarBucks really sells
Strengthening Your In-House Content Muscles
- Be more specific with your goals and less bogged down with the process