UPDATE – January 12, 2012 – 6:00am
I’ve sent a tweet over to Duane Forrester at Bing to see if I can get some answers, I’ll keep you posted!
I am also now seeing different results in Bing than just a few days ago (thanks to Bill Slawski for pointing this out)…
So this post is pretty image heavy, thus I’ve decided to post them all in a slidedeck for easier viewing. You’ll definitely want to view full screen for a few of the slide… Enjoy!
Check out my dive into a case study on how Bing and Google are indexing and returning movie results, specifically for the IMDB. There’s some very interesting stuff, like Bing’s ignoring of the canonical tag and 302 redirect, with a few simple takeaways at the end…
I would LOVE to hear YOUR thoughts about what’s in the images below!!
Most of my comments are right in the slideshow, but I’d just like to add a few resources to augment my images here:
- Entity Search Results – Justin Briggs
- Names Entity Detection in Queries – SEO By The Sea
- Google and Bing Disagree on rel=canonical Implementaion – by Nick Roshon (thanks Dr. Pete for the share)
- Google vs Bing Canonical Tag – by Anthony Nelson
- Do Bing and Google Treat Rel=Canonical Differently? – by John Doherty